Aam panna (Summer special)
Aam panna is cooling summer Indian drink made with raw or green mangoes. Aam panna is an ideal cool iced drink for hot summer days. Raw or green mangoes are perfect raw fruit/veg to protect us from sun-strokes. Raw mangoes are rich in vitamin c and iron. Aam panna helps in preventing stomach problems in summer . Aam panna keeps the body cool and energetic in summer.Try this recipe for an amazing summer drink.
Aam means mango and Panna means water, so this is a drink prepared with water and raw mangoes .
Cook time- 15 mins
Serves – 2-3
- Raw mango – 1/2 medium size
- Sugar -1/4 cup or as required
- Mint leaves – few
- Rock Salt or black salt
- Water – 2 to 3 cup
- Ice cube – 6 to 7
- Roast or Boil the mango directly on slow-medium stove heat.
- Mango’s skin will start to get black in color. Roast it turning all around till it get black from all sides.
- cool it slightly.
- Then peel the skin, remove the pulp from the seed and mash it.
- Add 3 cups of chilled water, salt(Black Salt will give good flavor ), ice cubes and mix well.
- Garnish with crushed mint leaves, ice cube and serve chilled.
Tips & Notes :
- You can store the thick mango pulp in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and dilute it when required.
- If you want you can boil the raw mango
- Be Careful while roasting the Raw mangoes ,it may burst (Better to boil but Roasted mangoes will give better flavored )
- Mint leaves will give it nice flavor
- You can decorate it with lemon slices too .