We use to have light and tasty snacks with our morning and evening tea . Aloo Bhujia is one of the best tea time snack item. Usually we purchase it in our monthly grocery , why can’t we try it by our own . let’s try simple tasty and economic Aloo Bhujiya Sev. We can add it on our chaat items like dahi vada , aalu ticki etc .
Prep time: 30 min Cook time: 20 min
- Boiled Potato – 3-4 medium sized
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heeng(asafoetida) – 1 pinch
- Gram flour(besan) – 2 cup
- Oil – to deep fry
- Chat Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- when the potatoes become warm, peel and mash them very well.
- In a mixing bowl add gram flour, salt, Heeng, turmeric powder,red chilli powder, Garam masala in the mash potatoes.
- Then mix well and make a smooth dough.
- Please don’t add water while kneading as the potato has a lot of moisture in it.
- Knead into a soft and sticky dough. If the dough is too sticky add a little oil and knead.
- Heat oil in a deep wide pan or kadhai.
- Grease the murukku press with little oil, then fill the dough and start pressing.
- Press it directly into oil, do not overcrowd.
- Fry on low-medium heat.
- Now Sev to fry for some time then turn it over, fry Sev till it turns light brown.
- Take it out and place on a plate covered with paper napkin. Similarly fry all of the Aloo Bhujia Sev.
- when they are still warm, to make them more chatpata and splice sprinkle 1 tsp chaat masala and red chilli powder. once cooled store them in an air-tight jar.