Aloo ka paratha is a famous Indian recipes. It is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout India. Aloo paratha is very tasty and stomach filling breakfast recipe which doesn't need any introduction to Indian cuisine lovers. Aloo parathas stuffed with a mouthwatering mashed potatoes with Indian spice and ingredients . It can be fry using Desi ghee or oil. It is best served with some pickle (achar) of your choice or yogurt (dahi). It is simple to cook and tastes great. Taste will increase if you fill more stuffing . ↓↓ Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Makes 12 to 14 servings
Ingredients:-For The Dough
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cup
- Salt -1 tsp (As your taste)
- Ghee or oil - 4 tsp
- Potato - 5 boiled
- Onion - 2 chopped
- Coriander leaves (dhania pattta) - 2 tsp chopped
- Green chillies - 4 chopped
- Dried mango powder (amchur) - 3 tsp * Optional
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin seeds powder (jeera) 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or oil - 1 tsp for cooking
Method:For the dough
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Add the ghee or oil and mix with fingertips.
- Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough.
- Set aside while making the filling.
- Peel the skin of potatoes and mash it well.
- Add green chillies, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder or (Dried mango powder) *, salt as needed, coriander leaves, onion, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now your stuffing is ready.
Divide the dough into 12-14 equal parts and make balls out of it.
Divide the stuffing into 12-14 lemon sized balls or as much filling you want .
Dust a little flour and roll out the dough into a small circle.
Keep a tsp of stuffing in the center, gather all the corners and seal the dough with the stuffing inside. Press it down gently to flatten it.
Dust a little four and roll out the flattened dough with the stuffing into a 6-7" circle. Do not apply too much pressure as the stuffing might come out.
Heat a tawa and place the rolled out dough.
When you will find small bubbles forming on the surface, spread a tsp of oil or ghee and flip it over to the other side.
Spread a little oil or ghee on the other side also and cook both sides well until golden brown spots appear.
Remove from tawa after both the sides are cooked well.
Serve with curd or chutney or pickles or white butter. Enjoy yummy and delicious aloo parathas.
- The aloo mixture can be made according to your taste. You can add roasted cumin seeds powder/jeera powder, salt, roasted red chilli .
- Always cut the onions, chillies, coriander leaves very finely. And the aloo should be mashed very well. There should not be any lumps in it. So that, the parathas do not break while rolling.