Samosas are the most traditional snacks in India. They are so delicious that Indian often makes a meal of them. Aloo samosa are stuffed with potatoes and is the more popular as Indian snacks.
For the dough:
- Flour (Maida flour) – 2 Cups
- Ghee or Hot Oil 3-4 Teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Soda – ¼ teaspoon (Otional)
- 1/4 tsp of carom seeds or ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) (Otional)
For the filling :
- 2 Mashed potatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Green peas *
- 2 Green Chilies
- red Chili powder
- 1tsp Ginger past
- 1tbps Coriander leaves (fine chopped)
- curry leaves (fine chopped)** Otional **
- 2tps Coriander powder
- 1/4 Garam masala *
- chat masala
- salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- For the dough:
Take the maida,add the ajwain seeds,salt,cooking soda and oil to the maida and mix well. Mix this well and remove all lumps. Start adding water little by little and kneading properly make a stiff dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- For the filling :
- Heat same oil in the pain,add the cumin seeds,ginger paste,green chillies and turmeric mix well and let cook for few minutes .
the add the red Chili powder coriander powder and add little water so the masalas don’t burn. Then add the potatoes,salt and coriander leaves.you can make any stuffing of your choice with any variations.
- Samosa :
- make rolls of the dough depending on the size of samosa you want. roll the dough in circle first and then make them oval in shape.cut that oval shape into half.take that half apply water on all edge,take one end bend it in canter and taking other end overlap it on the first edge making it as a triangle or cone.fill the cone with the stuffing and seal the edges. Now fry the samosas in the oil till they turn golden brown.
* Garam masala is a blend of ground spices common in North Indian and other South Asian cuisines. It is used alone or with other seasonings. The word garam refers to intensity of the spices rather than capsaicin content.