Aloo Shimla Mirch
One of quick favorite & easy curry recipe aalu shimla mirch or Potato Capsicum Curry.It goes great with dal chawal or chapaties (Indian bread).
Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Capsicums – 3 medium (finely chopped)
- Potatoes – 3 medium (peeled and cubed)
- Onions – 3 (sliced thick)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan.
- Add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the onions and garlic.Cook till onion become soft and transparent or light brown in color.
- Now add potato, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and stir fry till the vegetables look coated with the spices and oil.
- Now add tomato and mix well.
- Then add the capsicum and saute all the veggies.
- Now cover the kadai or pan with a lid.
- Remember to check it after few minutes or the veggies don’t get burnt.
- When water is absorbed and we will have thick sauce coating to the veggies.
- Turn off heat and transfer Aloo Shimla Mirch curry to the serving bowl.