Andhra Style Mirchi Bajji ( Stuffed Chili )
Mirchi bajji is very well known street snacks in Andhra Pradesh ,Telangana and most of the South Indian cities.It is know as mirapakaya bajji in telagu. It is very easy, tasty and spicy snacks. In every evening in Hyderabad all Mirchi Bajji Stores having full of rush and crowd of its Foodies Lovers.
Prep time: 15 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Bajji Mirchi (big Green Chillies) – 6 nos
- Oil – to deep fry
- Boiled Potato – 1
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Cumin powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Besan flour/ gram flour/ chickpea flour – 1 cup
- In bowl add Besan flours,soda,salt, chilli powder and mix well to a paste adding little water.
- Now add more water and bring it to dosa batter consistency . Make sure there are no lumps in the bajji batter.
- Then peel potatoes and mash them finely. Add salt, red chilly, chaat masala , coriander powder and chopped coriander leaves in potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients really well. Filling for stuffed mirchi bhajji is now ready.
- Now wash green chilies, drain and cut lengthwise.
- Take each chilly and fill and gap with the stuffing and keep aside. Take care not to break them.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep fry in a pan.
- Now dip the stuffed green chillies in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a kitchen paper.
- Repeat the process for the other chillies as well.
- Serve hot Stuffed Mirchi Bajji with tomato kechup.