Bengali Dhakai Paratha
One of the most famous street food in Dhaka, Bangladesh is Dhakai Paratha. Usually paratha cooked on tava but this Dhaka special paratha or Bengali Dhakai paratha used to be deep fried layered and crispy Paratha. Lets try this authentic & traditional Bangladeshi Dhakai Paratha.
Prep time – 10 mins Cook time – 15 mins
- whole wheat flour/all purpose flour – 2 cups
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm Water – As needed
- Salt to taste
- Mix wheat flour ( atta) salt and add oil. Mix well.
- Now add milk to make a soft dough. If you want you can add warm water.
- Keep it covered with a soft muslin or cotton cloth for about 10 minutes.
- After that make smaller balls from the dough.
- Apply oil to the dough balls and roll the dough ball into a medium sized roti.
- Now Make a cut that is like the radius of the circle.
- Sprinkle rice flour and mix with oil evenly over the surface.
- Now roll and make a conical shape.
- Then roll this into a spiral disc and tuck the end.
- Now apply some more oil on both sides and roll out into a disc again.
- Now you should be able to see the layers.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Now deep fry the paratha turning on a low flame until both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Our crispy Bengali Dhakai Paratha ready to serve.
if you like please share, Like us on social media & subscribe us on youtube .