1 kg of Rohu or katla (cut into pieces and washed, or you can find the pieces in market)
To marinate the fish:
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4 tsp
- Mustard Oil - 1 tbsp
For the curry:
- Panch phoron or Bengali Five Spice - 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 4 medium size
- Green chili – 4 pic
- oil – 5 tbsp
- Ginger paste– 1 tsp
- Salt to test
- Coriander Leaf – 1 cup chopped
- First fry the fish (Click to see Recipe for Fried Fish)
- Heat the pan - once oil is hot, add Panch phoron.
- When they begin to crackle, add the tomato,Ginger paste and green chilli then saute.
- Now add water as per your requirement for gravy. Sprinkle salt and let the gravy bubble up.
- Now add the fish pieces. Cook covered on medium heat for 2-5 minutes.
- Spread the coriander leaves on top and mix it .
- Serve hot with hot plain rice.
Serve this Bengali hot and Spicy fish curry with Hot Plain white Rice .