Bengali Lal Saag Bhaja (Red Spinach Stir Fry)
Amaranth leaves are having some variety in color like Red Amaranth leaves, green Amaranth leaves and golden or yellow Amaranth leaves .Red Amaranth leaves are little sweet in taste while green is not . Today we are making Bengali Style bhaji of these Amaranth leaves.
Prep Time : 10-15 minutes Cook time : 5-10 minutes Serve : 2
- Lal Saag (Red Spinach) – 1 big bunche
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Panch Foron (whole Bengal 5 spices mix) – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried red chillies – 1
- Green Chili – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- First Cut and discard root and wash 3-4 times under tap and finely chop laal saag.
- Heat oil in a kadai add dried red chillies and panch foron.
- When the whole masala splatters and crackles.
- Then add laal saag, green chillies, turmeric powder, Salt and mix well.
- And cook in medium-slow flame for 10-12 minutes or until spinach is cooked and oil starts to separate.
- Then cook again for 2 minutes.
- Now Laal saag bhaji is ready to serve.