Rasgulla is a juicy dessert very popular in India especially in West Bengal and Odissa. It is also known as Roshogolla in Bengal. Rasgulla is made from ball shaped dumplings of chena (Indian cottage cheese) dough, cooked in light syrup made from suger.
Preparation time: 20 to 25 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Makes 12 small rasgulla
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Lemon – 1 (squeeze out the juice)
- Sugar – 2 glass
- Water – 5 glass
- Crushed cardamom (for garnish) – 3 to 4
- First we make chena , take 1 litre of milk in a pan and keep it on flame to boil on a low to medium flame.
- When the milk comes to a boil. Then add 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice and stir very well. if the milk has not curdled completely, then add 1 tbsp more and keep stirring until the whey completely separates. If you want you can added vinegar also instead of lemon juice.
- When milk is curdles, switch off the flame. the milk should curdle completely.
- Now pour the curdled milk in the cheese cloth/muslin cloth.
- Wash the chena with fresh water to wash away the sourness of the lemon.
- Bring the edges of the cloth up and tie it together. Squeeze the excess water.Make sure there is no water in left in the chena before you proceed to make the balls other wise rasgulla may break in syrup or while making balls.
- Now put the chena in blender or mixer and blend it for 2 to 3 min to make it smooth dough.
- Remove the chena from blender and Knead the chena 3 mins to get a smooth dough.
- Now divide the chena dough into equal size small shape into a smooth round ball.
- Add 2 glass sugar and 5 glass water in pressure cooker and let it boil in high flame.
- When it starts boiling place the entire prepared balls in cooker one by one gently .
- Cover it with lid and let it high flame for once whistle. After it reduce the flame and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Then switch off the flame and let them cool completely.
- After cooled open lid and take out the rasgullas in a serving bowls with sugar syrup
- add small cardamom powder on it and serve
- Rasgulla can be serve chilled or at room temperature
if you like please share, Like us on social media & subscribe us on youtube .