“Taler Bora” is one of the Traditional Bengali Sweets. Bengali Taler Bora can be prepared with thick Juice of Ripe Sugar Palm.
Taler Bora Or Sugar Palm Sweet Fritters is the must delicious sweet item from Bengal for “Sri Krishna Janmashtami” Or “Lord Shri Krishna’s Birthday” celebration.
Sri Krishna Janmashtami, also known as Krishnashtami, Saatam Aatham, Gokulashtami, Ashtami Rohini, Srikrishna Jayanti, Sree Jayanti or simply Janmashtami and it is an annual celebration of the birth of Lord krishna.
Preparation Time : 1 Hour
Cooking Time : 30 Minute
- Ripe Palm – 3
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup or 1 Coconut
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamon – 4 to 8
- Refined Oil to deep fry
- Remove the skin of the palm fruit. The palm has 3 seeds. Separates the seeds with the hand.
- Take each seed and then sprinkle little water and then rub it with hands or grater scrap out the juicy palm pulp from the seeds.
- Add all the other ingredients from above list one by one and mix well with the thick Palm pulp.
- Heat oil in a deep frying Pan.
- Now using your hand or a spoon pour 1 tbsp full batter in the oil to make palm fritters. fry more according to your pan size remember the oil should not be so hot.
- When the “palm fritters” will be golden brown in color, take them out from the oil and put on a paper towel.
- Palm fritters is ready.
- palm fritters are mostly served in room temperature. It tastes better if served after one day of making.