Bengali Tomato Chutney
Traditionally Bengali would like to had sweets after dinner or lunch , Below i am writing the simplest and fastest sweet to built and serve .
- 1 KG medium red tomatoes
- curry leaves (Optional)
- 2 TBSP Raisin
- 1 tbsp dates chopped
- 2 dry red chili
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds (Somph / Sauf)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 green chili
- 1/2 t spoon grated ginger (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 200 gram jaggery or so to suit your taste (sugar or sugar canes also be used)
How to make Bengali Tomato Chutney :-
- Wash the tomatoes and chop fine.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook it with closed lid on medium-low heat till the water from the tomatoes disappears.
- Add turmeric powder , salt and jaggery or sugar .
- add Raisin and dates
- Stir and Mix well.
- Add green chilli.
- On medium heat cook the tomato mixture stirring in between until all the water from the tomatoes evaporates.
- Mix them all.
- It becomes a thick mix and everything blends in well together.
- Roast fennel seeds and red chili and make powder of it and add in chutney
- Mix well
- Serve it warm or cold.