From the variety of raitas from Northern India , boondi raitha is one of the most famous and delicious raita . Tiny balls of fried gram flour, which may taste salty or spicy or both as per your selection of chilli . The raita is served chilled. Raita will cool the North Indian or any spicy platter when eating spicy Indian or Pakistani dishes. In North India you can see this Raita in most of the Street food shops ,They are giving this as dip of Samosa or kachodies plates . It is very tasty and spicy if you add more chillies 😉 . It is having nice flavor and colors . I have tried this with samosa and one of my favorite street food “Chola and Aalu Kulcha ” in Dehli Street Chaat shop , it was giving great and divine taste with both and will give great and divine taste with anything like parantha , Rajma chawal etc . Below is the descriptive and beautiful recipe of raita .
- Gram flour (besan) salty Boondi – 100 gram
- Curd – 500 gram
- Green chilly Chopped (hari mirch) – 8
- Chopped Coriander leaves (Dhania Patta) – 50 gram
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Clove (Longe) – 10
- Black Salt (Kala Namak or Himalayan Black Salt) – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli *
- Suger *
- Water – 1 cup
- Make a rough powder of cumin seeds and cloves
- In a bowl, mix curd, cumin seeds and clove powder and black salt (Keep some cumin and clove powder aside for decoration).
- Then add little chilled water and mix well .There should be any no lumps.
- Now add boondi into this mixed curd .
- Now add green chilli and coriander into this mixture .
- decorate with remaining cumin & clove powder and coriander leaves
- Server it chilled with anything or drink as it is .
- You can garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves ,cumin powder
- Some people use to add sugar as well
- You can add red chilli powder for your spice taste .
- You can use Masala Boondi as well