Boondi is popularly used to make raita in Pakistan and North India but boondi also used to make sweets like ladoo and sweet boondi in Rajasthan and other Indian states . So for raita , sweet boondi, boondi ke ladoo and various namkeen items have a common and crispy ingredient which is Boondi .Usually we prefer to purchase boondi to make raita ,namkeen or any other boondi items but it is very simple to make boondi in home try it , you will Love it.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Gram Flour ( Besan) - 1 cup
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- *Salt to taste (optional)*
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil for Deep Frying
Mix gram flour, baking soda and add little water and mix to a smooth batter like cake batter.
- Now heat oil for deep frying.
- Now hold the perforated spoon a little above the pan and hold it over oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter over the karandi (special spoon for making boondi) and spread it out. The boondis will fall drop by drop.
- Fry the boondi till they are little crispy or brown in color .
- Drain them and set aside.
- Repeat the process to finish the remaining batter.
- Allow the boondis to cool. Store in an airtight container for future use.
if you like please share, Like us on social media & subscribe us on youtube .