Bread Pakora – Stuffed Potato
Stuffed bread pakora is an easy to make recipe. Stuffed bread pakoras are famous Indian street food loved by all age groups. Bread Pakora is a favorite breakfast and tea time snack at our home. It is a great snack to have during rain and winter seasons also. The stuffed bread pakora is stuffed with a filling of mashed potatoes and boiled vegetables, dipped in besan and deep fried. Everyone love it. It is yummy Bread pakoras. Try it.
For the stuffing:
- Potatoes (boiled, peeled, mashed) – 4 medium size
- Ginger (peeled and grated) – 2 to 3 pieces
- Green chillies (thinly sliced) – 2 to 3 (or as per taste)
- Peas (boiled ) – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala or chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) – 2 tsp
- salt to taste
For the Covering:
- Wholegrain bread – 8 slices
- Besan (chickpea flour) – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder (or as per taste) – 1 tsp
- pinch of asafoetida
- little salt
1: Preparing the potato filling:
- Boil /pressure cook the potatoes.
- If using fresh peas, add these to boiling water in a pan .Cook till peas are soft. After switching off the gas. Drain and set aside.
- Now peel the potatoes and chop or mash them.
- In a pan or Kadai, temper the mustard seeds and when they start popping then add ginger paste, saute till change in colour, add all the masalas, salt, green chillies and stir it.
- Add potatoes, peas and salt and giveit a nice mix.
- Now put off the gas, add chopped coriander leaves. Let the stuffing cool down a bit.
2: Preparing besan batter for bread pakoras :
- In a bowl, take the besan.
- Add the turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Add a little water to make it slightly thin.The batter should not be very thick nor too thin.
- Keep the ready batter aside.
3: Preparing frying the aloo bread pakora:
- Take on the cutting board, slice the bread into triangle or rectangle slices.
- Keep a single triangular slice of bread and take around 2 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture and apply it on the bread.
- Cover this potato stuffed slice with another slice.
- Now just slightly press the sandwich. Take the entire sandwich in the hand and dip into the besan batter .
- Coat the stuffed bread sandwich evenly with the besan batter.
- Now oil is hot and easily slid the besan batter coated bread sandwich in the oil.
- Fry the bread pakoras on a medium flame till they are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve the bread pakoras hot or warm with tomato sauce or with any chutney .