Chilli chicken is an Indo-Chinese dish of chicken which is very famous in India as well as all over the world as Starter if Dry and as main Course if Gravy . In India, this may include a variety of dry chicken preparations. Though mainly boneless chicken is used in this dish, some people also recommend to use boned chicken too. Chilli Chicken is a mouth-watering Chinese chicken recipe. It is very easy to prepared and delicious to eat dish. It is also simply main course dish, which can be also served as a starter. It can be prepared dry or with Gravy . Enjoy this amazing dish and your biggest worry will be how to stop eating Chicken. Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves: 6
Ingredients 1:For Marination
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
Cornflour/ corn starch - 2 and 1/2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce/Ketchup - 3 tbsp
- Chilli sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- Curd - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric - 1 tbsp
- Vinegar: 1tsp
- Salt to test
Ingredients 2:To saute Chilli Chicken
- Oil for fry
- Onion - 1/4 cup (sliced)
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Capsicum (cut into big cubes)- 1/2 cup
- Green chillies,thickly sliced - 6 to 8
- Salt to test
- chilli chicken powder - 1 tbsp
- Green coriander for garnish
- Wash chicken pieces, drain water completely and take it in a bowl.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, chilli powder, curd, vinegar, turmeric, cornflour, salt and mix everything well and keep aside for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cut the onions and capsicum into 1" cubes. And green chilli cut into thickly sliced.
- Put a deep pan on the stove on high heat. Add 2 tbsps of cooking oil to it. When hot, add the d cubed onions to it and fry till the onions are translucent. Then add capsicum and fry. Now add the garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken. Then fry it for 5 min.
- Then cover the pan for 5 min.
- Now add 2 cups of water and cook till chicken is tender and done - this will not take more than 20 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the flame and add in the chilli chicken powder and mix well
- Finally add green coriander leaves and serve hot with fried rice .
- If the gravy looks too watery then dissolve a tsp of cornflour in 2 tbsp of water, mix well and add into the curry to make the thick consistency of the dish.
- You can serve chilli chicken with steamed rice or roti.
- Any type of vinegar is fine like rice wine or white distilled or white vinegar.
- Dark soy sauce is gives good colour.
- Chicken is low in carbohrydrate and also has a low glycaemic index, again making it a good choice for Dibetics.
- Marinating chicken for at least 20-30 minutes will give you soft, juicy and spicy chicken.