Chilli Paneer is the most common and tasty starter for all veggie. it one type of indo-chinese Dish .We can make it dry or gravy. It is one of my favorite Veg Dish or Starter.
Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 30 to 35 mins Serves : 2
- Paneer / cottage cheese – 200 grams cubed
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Cabbage – 200 grams
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1 large cubed
- Onion – 2 peeled and cubed
- Green chilies – 3 to 4 slit
- Garlic -7 to 8 cloves chopped finely
- Ginger – 1 inch chopped finely
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Corn Flour / Corn Starch – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd or water – 1/2 cup (for batter)
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Make a thick paste of all the ingredients for marinade as below.
- Mix flour, cornflour, soy-sauce, red chilli powder, salt & curd/water to form a smooth thin batter.
- Coat the paneer cubes lightly in batter.
- Heat 3 to 4 tbsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
- And shallow fry the paneer pieces until light golden brown.
- Drain into paper towels and set aside until needed.
- Now in the remaining oil add in ginger and garlic. Saute for a min.
- Add in onions, cabbage, capsicum and saute for couple more mins.
- Now Add soy sauce, vinegar, red chilli powder, salt, chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix well. Cook for couple of mins.
- Add renaming batter of paneer and mix well and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Now add green chilli and fried paneer pieces to the mixture.
- Mix well without breaking up the paneer pieces.
- Make sure the sauce coats all sides of the paneer cubes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with some coriander leaves before serving.
- This spicy paneer dish tastes best when served hot.