Coconut pakora is the delicious recipes. It is famous as Narkoler Bora (Narkol means Coconut & Bora means pakora) in Bengal. It is crispy and crunchy with gram flour and coconut. Coconut pakora is very tasty recipe to be served with green coriander chutney,Tomato sauce and sweet imli chutney.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves : 4 to 6Ingredients:
- Finely grated fresh coconut - 1 cup
- Besan (Gram flour) - 1/2 cup
- Onion (chopped finely) - 1 (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies ( chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Oil to fry
- Take a big bowl and add grated coconut, green chilly, chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions (Optional), salt and besan
- Mix all ingredients nicely.
- Add little water at a time and mix all ingredients with the hands.
- Make a little thick batter for making pakoras.
- Add oil in a pan.
- When oil in hot. Take little amount of mixture in the hand and roll it giving it a round shape.
- Gently place it in the pan.
- Add as many balls as possible at a time and fry them until they turn golden brown in color.
- Fry all balls like this.
- Take them out in a plate.
- Very delicious and yummy coconut pakoras are ready.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
- You can add Sesame seed/Till seeds too to make it more crispy
- Garnish with fried Green chillies & chutney