Coconut Peanut Chutney
Coconut peanut chutney is very easy to make and a healthy tasty chutney from South Indian Cuisine. Coconut peanut chutney is easy and quick chutney to make. Coconut peanut chutney prepared from roasted peanuts and it is a perfect side dish or dip for idli, dosa , medu vada, uttapam , upma and other dishes from South Indian Cuisine . It is suppose to use daily in South India with different South Indian food. Coconut peanut chutney is very popular chutney in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana (New State from Andhra ). Peanuts are rich in nutrients and have high level of protein content. Peanuts are a good source of niacin, which contribute to brain health and our body blood flow.See the Recipe below the Video ↓↓↓
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 1 5 Mins Serves: 3
- Grated Coconut – 1 Cup
- Peanuts – 1/4 Cup
- Green Chillies – 3 Nos
- Tamarind juice – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – One inch
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbs
- Red chillies – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- First Soak Tamarind in little water.
- Heat the pan, dry roast peanut in slow flame until light brown and crispy. Be careful, it should not burnt.
- Once it become crisp, transfer to a plate for cooling and take out the skin of the peanut,by rubbing it with hands.
- In the Grinder add peanuts, coconut, green chillies, tamarind, ginger, garlic and salt with little water first.
- Then add more water and grind it to a slightly smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add mustard seed.
- Wwhen mustard seed splutter, add curry leaves and red dry chilies.
- Add peanut coconut paste and stir. Adjust consistency by adding more water.
- When it starts to boil, take off fire and adjust salt.
- Now coconut peanut chutney is ready.
- Serve with idlis , dosas or any snack item.
- You can use roasted skinless peanuts or use skinless peanuts and roast it