Crispy Methi Puri
Green vegetables are very healthy , Variety of green leaves are the part of Indian Cuisine . One of the main Ingredient of Indian Cuisine in methi (Fenugreek) , methi is famous for its unique taste and flavor. Methi leaves are the main Bhaji in winter . Here is recipe of our favorite Methi ki puri from our Kitchen garden . Methi poories are very tasty & delicious Deep fried Indian Bread .See the Recipe below the Video ↓↓↓
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 puris
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Ajwain, ajowan, or carom (ajwain) – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Asafetida (Hing) – 1 Pinch
- Fresh Fenugreek Leaves – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Oil – To fry
- Wash and clean the fenugreek leaves and separate the fenugreek leaves chop it.
- Take a wide bowl and add whole wheat flour chopped fenugreek leaves ,salt, fenugreek, oil and asafetida, mix everything well with the flour.
- Now mix sufficient water and knead a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small sized balls and roll out thin circles.
- Pour the methi Poori in hot oil for frying.
- Deep fry 2-3 pooris at a time,till golden from both sides,on a medium flame.
- Take out once it turns golden brown in color.
- Methi puri are now ready to be served .
- Serve hot puri with chutney, aachar or aloo ki subzi .