Dimer dalna is the Bengali traditional egg curry . There are many variations to this recipes, I m going to describe the one that without Potato which we follow at home.
- Egg – 4
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt to test
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 8 /10
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1
- fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped – 2
How to make Bengali Dimer Dalna (Egg Curry) :-
- Take 4 eggs
- Put the eggs in water and make it boil for 10 minutes..
- Then, cool the eggs and peel them off.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces.
- Heat 6-7 tablespoons of oil in a big saucepan or stockpot.
- Fry the eggs with constant stirring for about 2-3 minutes
- When the eggs take on red color, set them aside.
- In the same pan add another tbsp of oil
- Add fenugreek seeds into hot oil.
- Stir for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and garlic .
- Add coriander powder.
- Chili powder.
- Sufficient amount of salt and little bit of turmeric.
- Stir for 6-7 minutes, then add the tomato.
- The ginger past.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes more till fry.
- Then add add the fried egg.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Stir to mix and leave aside
- Get your chopped cilantro ready for garnishing as the last step
- The curry should be boiling
- Boil for another minute
- Finally the chopped cilantro.
- Turn off the heat and let the curry cool down.
Serve the Bengali Dimer Dalna (Egg Curry) hot with hot steamed rice or chapattis.