One of the very common, quick & easy & tasty breakfast curry go with puri ,parantha or roties in every Indian Kitchen is Dum Aaloo. Road Side "Dhabas" (food shops) serving this tasty Dum Aaloo with poori or paratha . Bengalis call it "Aaloor Dum".
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25minutes
- Potatoes - 6 to 8 medium or baby potatoes - 10 to 12
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - fresh and chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water and peel each one of them.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai and fry the potatoes on medium heat till golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, Red chilly powder, salt, ginger past and chopped tomatoes and Saute them till you get nice aroma of spices.
- Then add garam masala and mix well.
- Add a little water. Mix well and simmer for till the potatoes absorb the gravy.
- Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with coriander leave.