Echorer Dalna (Raw Jackfruit Curry)
This is the season of jackfruit which is very tasty and healthy. Raw jackfruit is called Echor in Bengali . Echorer Dalna is Bengali authentic Jackfruit curry and can be served with steamed Rice or chapaties .
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 50 minutes
Total Time : 1 hr 20 minutes
- Raw jackfruit – 500 gm.
- Potato – 2/3 medium
- Ginger past – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 2 chopped
- Bay leaf – 2
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Fenugreek – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tbsp
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is heated, add bay leaves and fenugreek .
- When fenugreek starts change color add potato and saute .
- Then add raw jack fruit pieces and stir well.
- After 5 min, add turmeric, coriander powder, salt, red chilly powder, and garlic past. Saute for a minute.
- Now add chopped tomato and mix everything well and cook for 5-7 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Its time to add water into the pan. Stir and cover with a lead for 10 minutes. Keep the flame on low.
- When water evaporates and jackfruit and potatoes are cooked well.
- Add garam masalas powder and mix it. Turn off the flame and let it cover for another 5 minutes..
- Serve with hot plain rice, naan, roti or any kind of Indian Flat breads. .