Egg rolls are one of the famous street food in India . Each city is having some different ingredient and taste but one thing was common "eggs" :) . In kolkata ,These filling wraps sold at the street foods stalls and fully loaded with veggies , sauces and inner layered with eggs. Try this saucey ,spicy and hot rolls at home .
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15minutes
- Maida (All Purpose Flour) -1 cup
- Atta (Wheat Flour) - 1/2 cup
- Eggs- 5
- Onion (finely chopped) - 4 to 5
- Beetroot (finely chopped) - 1
- Carrot (finely chopped) - 2
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Tomato (finely chopped) - 2 to 3
- Green Chilli(finely chopped) - 4 to 5
- Garlic (finely chopped) - 6 to 7
- Few coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce
- Chilly sauce
- Take a bowl, add atta, maida and salt, mix well.
- Add sufficient water and knead it to dough keep it aside .
- Take a pan add oil
- after oil heats enough add chopped onion, garlic, green chilli, carrot, beetroot, tomato and salt mix well and fry it for 5 mins and close it with a lid and cook.
- after all vegetable cooked properly , add chilli powder and ginger past mix well and fry it till dry and keep it aside , your vegetable mixture is ready for filling .
- Now Break the eggs in a bowl and add pinch of salt mix well/blend and keep it ready.
- Divide the dough to equal parts and make thin rotis(Indian Bread).
- Now heat a tava pan and half cook the roti both the side , apply oil both side then spread blended egg (as per your taste add more or less amount) on top and spread using a spoon till thicken and turn it over and fry the egg side.
- Once it is cooked transfer it to a plate now add the cooked vegetable mixture, sprinkle tomato sauce, chilly sauce and chopped coriander leaves now roll the roti as frankie.
- Serve hot egg roll/ frankie in Tea time or evening snacks with sauces .