Baby's first food is the most important for any mother how to introduce ,what to introduce and when to introduce to our little Baby. Khichdi is considered as a light food for adults as well as kids .Khichdi is nutritious and easy to digest food. Most of the mother prefer rice as their baby's first cereal as rice contains many nutrients in balanced ratio which is important for growing baby . Nutrition In Rice :
- Saturated fat
- Polyunsaturated fat
- Monounsaturated fat
- Dietary fiber
- Calories 45/1tbsp
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
- Yellow or green moong dal - 1 tbsp
- Rice - 2 tbsp
- Salt for test
- 2 cups boil water
- A pinch of turmeric (haldi)
- use vegetable as a variation
- Wash the rice and dal well.
- Fry dal in cooker using butter til brown
- Put the rice, vegetable, water and turmeric in a pressure cooker.
- Cook for about 5-6 whistles or 1/2 hour.
- Mash well and serve.
- You can alter the consistency by adding or reducing the water. More water will make the khichdi creamier and less water will make it grainy.
- Once your baby adjusts to khichdi made from 1 part dal, 2 part rice to a 1:1 ratio of dal and rice and you can use another daal as well.
- You can mash the khichdi using grinder as well
It is strongly recommended you exclusively breastfeed your baby for the first six months,you should not give water as well to your baby or consult with your doctor . After six month, you can slowly introduce solid foods and drinks to your baby .
You should check what food baby is easily digesting else immediately change it or consult your Doctor .
Maintain hygiene when handling baby food.