Bengalies mostly use fried fish for their various type of fish recipes. Frying fish is a regular practice for every bengalies in their kitchen.Tasty fish fry can be serve as starter as well. So let's see simplest and one of the best Recipe "Bengali Maach Bhaja" from Traditional Bengali Cuisine.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rohu or Kaatla Fish (Rui or kaatla Maach) - 1-2 per person
Turmeric Powder - 2 tablespoon
Red chili powder - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Oil - for frying
- Wash and dry this fish pieces nicely
- Put the pieces of fish into a bowl and add the turmeric, chili powder and salt to help the spices and gently massage the spices to the fish.
- Cover and keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- To fry the fish, heat a medium fry pan till hot and add the 2 cup vegetable oil. Heat well till the oil reaches its Maximum hotness .
- Once hot, add the marinated fish pieces and fry them for a couple of minutes on each side till they are golden brown.
- Once the fish is golden brown, place them in to a plate and keep aside.
- Maach bhaja or fish fry is ready.
- Serve Bengali Maach Bhaja with dal and steamed hot rice for a simple meal.