Garlic Lachha Paratha
Lachha Paratha is Indian fried flat bread with many rings shape layers. Lachha paratha is a very popular paratha in North India. This is made from whole-wheat flour. The term “laccha” stands for “spiral or ring shape” . Atta dough is stretched & rolled in the form of rings, stuffed with fat or ghee and shallow fried, resulting in multi layered flaky bread.
Mostly lachha paratha is made with ghee (fat) and is not advisable for regular diet meal. Lachedar paratha is an easy make paratha. Lachha paratha is very tasty and i am adding more taste here by adding spicy masala and other herbs .
By adding these spices to, Lachha paratha will become a great combination of Indian bread and Spices. Garlic Lachha Paratha will give you Great taste of Indian Spices and Indian Cooking .Please see recipe below to the Video ↓↓↓
Preparation time: 15 Mins Cooking time: 10 Mins Serves: 4
- Atta /flour – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee / Fat – 2 tbsp
For the stuffing:
- Cumin seeds – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 10 – 12 grated
- Plain flour Or Maida – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2 (fine chopped)
- Crashed Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or butter – 3 tbsp
For the layers :
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Whole Wheat Flour/Atta – 2 tbsp
- Take a bowl and mix the Atta, Salt, Ghee, and mix very well. Now add water little by little to make a soft and smooth dough. But let it be stiff, not too soft. Otherwise it will be difficult to handle.
- Divide the lachha roti dough in roughly equal size balls as shown in video . Again keep the dough balls to rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix cumin seeds, garlic paste, maida, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, green chilli, Black pepper, baking soda, salt and ghee and mix well.
- Take one dough ball and roll into thin roti shape. Now spread the stuffing masala on the roti. Now fold this chapati like a paper fan. Please check the video for process.
- Stretch the fan a little width wise. Twist and roll into a round. Please check the video for process.
- Dust the board with little flour and roll out the dough . Please check the video for process.
- Roll out only one side, do not flip and roll. Press gently to roll without affecting the layers. Please check the video for process.
- Final rolled out disc should be little thick with visible layers. Please check the video for process.
- After that heat tawa, Sim the flame with few drops of oil then place the lachha paratha and cook for a minute or until a atta bubble appears.
- Then flip other side and spread oil around and press gently using spatula and cook until you see some brown spot on it.
- And remove it from the tawa and follow the same with the rest of dough balls.
- Serve these crispy lachha parathas with curd ,tomato sauce , pickle or any curry what you like to eat with paratha .
Tips & Notes :
- Do not use much Garlic cloves,chilli and garam masala as it make your stomach hot .
- It is heavy, fatty food do not eat much .
- Drink more water after minimum 30 mins of having it.