Healthy Daliya Pulao | Diabetic Friendly Pulao
Usually rice is not good for diabetic patients but they can eat wheat. Here i am presenting pulao recipe for diabetic or other patients who do not eat Rice. Daliya is easily available in grocery market and it is broken wheat . Serves: 2 Preparation Time: 15 Min Cooking Time: 15 Min
- Broken Wheat – 2 cup
- Meal Maker/Soya chunks – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Black paper – 1/2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Garlic – 4 to 5
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 4 to 5
- Onion – 3 to 4
- Place a pan or cooker on flame and pour 1tsp of ghee into it.
- When the ghee melts, add daliya into it.
- Keep stirring continuously and roast the daliya on high flame until it turns golden brown & white in color and get nice aroma.
- Daliya has turned fragrant and golden brown & white in color, transfer it to a another bowl.
- Now heat the 2 tbsp ghee in the cooker and add bay leaf.
- Then add crushed (cumin seeds, black paper, cardamom and cinnamon)and fry it.
- When the hole spice crackle, add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped ginger, green chilli, chopped tomato and salt mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add Meal Maker/soyabeen and mix well.
- Add the roasted broken wheat and 2 cups if water and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook up to 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with curry, yogurt or raita