Homemade Shudh Desi Ghee
Milk is in our daily need , We daily boiling the milk to make it hygiene and tasty . After boiling cream from milk come out (Malai) . We can use that cream for different purposes like making Ghee , Butter etc . Here is a common daily use tasty Indian Fat , healthy SUDH DESI GHEE Recipe .
Making Time: 1 hr
Directions For Making Ghee:
- Boil the milk and cool it to normal temperature. Keep the boiled milk in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hrs so that the cream thickens.
- Cream (malai) will get deposited on the top of the milk in the container. Remove the cream (malai) and store in a container in fridge. Repeat this daily for 1 month until you have enough cream (malai).
- Store cream (malai) out till it comes to room temperature.
- In a mixer jar add the cream. And turn on the mixer.Until cream will become to smoother and you will get smooth whipped cream.
- Now take a deep pan or kadai and add cream in it and put it on low flame.
- Keep heating on low flame till ghee separates.
- After few minutes, ghee will separate out completely with yellowish brown solid floating in it.
- Switch off the gas and leave it to cool for half an hour.
- When the ghee is cold enough to filter, filter it with the help of muslin or cotton cloth and transfer it to a large jar and seal it tightly to avoid moisture. You can hang the clothes above the jar so all ghee wipe out and store in the Jar .It can be stored refrigerated for several months.
- The Amount of Buffalo milk Malai will be more then Cow milk Malai.
- Cow milk Ghee is yellow in color whereas Buffalo milk ghee is white.
- Cook in low flame to avoid burning Cream else your ghee will be smelly
- After collecting ghee keep the brown malai extract we can use it for creating sweets , will post Soon