Instant Dhokla – Khaman Dhokla
Khaman Dhokla is famous Gujarati dish. It can be breakfast or snack with green chutney. Instant dhokla recipe can be ready in a short spam of time. As it is instant dhokla recipe , to make it spongy and soft i am using Eno which make it fluffy better in a minute .We do not need 10 or 12 hours in advance to prepare batter for this recipe . The secret of its sponginess and no requirement of advance preparation lies in using popular Eno salt. This dhokla is very yummy. Try it…. Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 servings
- Gram flour (besan) – 1 1/2 cup
- Semolina (suji) – 2 tsp
- Ginger paste (adrak) – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Eno powder – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- 1 pinch
- Green chilly slit lengthwise (hari mirch) – 4
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) – few
- Mustard seeds (raai) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt (namak) – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, mix besan, sooji, sugar, turmeric powder, oil, ginger paste, sugar and salt.
- Then add little water and mix well like a paste.There should be any no lumps.
- Now add more water.Batter should not be think and not thin .
- Now per heat the water in a presser cooker.
- Then add eno salt in the batter.
- Immediately pour this batter in the container.
- Place the container in the cooker and cover it.
- Let the cooker at high flame for 10 to 15 min.
- Takeout the container from cooker and let them cool for few minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When seeds begin to crackle.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies, saute them for few seconds.
- Tempering is ready, pour it over dhoklas.
- Cut it into small pieces and enjoy with green chutney.
- You can garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves and grated coconuts
- Check the dhokla using toothpick or knife point , if clean then dhokla is ready to eat