Instant Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun or Red/black Rasgullas are one the favorite sweet or dessert item for most of us . The method of preparing is little difficult for non professional like me . So make it easy and have it instantly :).
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins |
Makes : 15 – 20 jamuns
- Bread – 8 slices
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Milk Powder (Optional) – 1 tsp
For the sugar syrup :
- Sugar – 1.5 Cups
- Water – 2 Cup
- Crashed Green cardamom (choti elaichi) – 4/5
To make sugar syrup :
- Take a pan, pour sugar and water into a bowl and cook on low flame .
- Stir till the sugar dissolves.
- Now put the pan on medium heat , till it starts thickening.
- One string consistency (while dropping syrup one string) is good for this kind of sweet syrup.
- Add crashed cardamom and mix them all together.
To Make Gulab jamuns:
- Cut the brown side crust from the each bread.
- Now dip both sides of the bread in milk and squeeze out the excess milk. Repeat this process for all the bread slices.( Do not dip bread in milk for more time , dip and take out immediately )
- Knead it into a smooth dough, without any cracks. If needed grease your hands with oil. If you feel it is not binding well, put some milk powder as binding agent .
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make smooth round or oval balls from the dough ( Do not apply much pressure ).
- Heat oil enough for deep frying in a Kadhai/deep pan .
- Fry the gulab jamuns on low flame until they turn brown or dark brown.
- Drain it and immediately add the gulab jamuns into the warm sugar syrup.
- Cover and let it rest for 2 hrs for the gublab jamuns to absorb the sugar syrup well.
- Serve warm or cold.