Jalebi is very popular sweet dish from North India . We can find it at any street with different style like dudh jalebi or dahi jalebi . Jalabi is traditional dish in India . Instant jalebis which means no wait to enjoy it. I make this without yeast instead i have used ENO salt to make it instantly. Now crispy , juicy & hot Jalebi can be made easily at home. Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 4-5
- Refined Wheat Flour (Maida Flour) - 2 Cup
- Gram flour (Besan) - 2 tbsp
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Corn Floor - 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- A pinch of Orange Fruit color or turmeric powder
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- ENO (Fruit Salt) - 1 tbsp
- Water - 3 Cup
- Oil to deep fry
- Sugar – 1.5 Cups
- Water – 2 Cup
- Crashed Green cardamom (choti elaichi) – 4/5
Method:To make sugar syrup :
- Pour sugar & water into a bowl and cook on low flame .
- Stir till the sugar dissolves in water.
- Now put the pan on medium flame, till it starts thickening.
- One string consistency (while dropping syrup should drop one string) is good for this kind of sweet syrup.
- Add crashed cardamom and mix them all together.
To make Jalebis:
- Take a mixing bowl, add maida, basan, curd, corn flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Then add oil , fruit color or turmeric powder with water to make a thick batter (Batter should not be too thin).
- Add fruit salt/ENO and mix well. Now our batter is ready
- You can use a thick plastic bag, polybag bag ↓↓ or a milk bag to fill Jalebi batter or the small bottles which look like tomato ketchup bottle, batter should flow slowly and continuously from it .
- Heat oil in a pan. Now pour the jalebi batter in to thick polythin bag or ketchup bottle.
- When the oil is hot enough keep the flame medium and squeeze in batter moving your hands in a circular trying to make a jalebi shape as much as possible , round your hand 2 and 1/2 circle (i mean two round then finish it in middle , you can add more but traditional jalebi is 2 1/2 (dhai hath) ).
- Deep fry the jalebi in low flame on both the sides till it becomes crispy, it will not take much time if your jalebi width is less like mine ;).
- take the jalebis out from oil and put them in the little hot sugar syrup.
- Flip and turn it to make sure sugar syrup is evenly covered both the sides of jalebies.
- Remove from sugar syrup and transfer to a serving plate
- Crispy , juicy hot Jalebis is now ready to serve.
Note : I am not promoting plastic bag, polybag here as it is not environment friendly but we should reuse it as much as possible always . So after use i use to wash and keep for next use .