Instant Rava ladoo
Rava ladoo is very delicious, simple and easy sweet dish prepared with sooji or semolina, cashew-nuts and ghee . Rava ladoos are Indian traditional dessert made for festivals like Krishna Jayanthi, Ganesh chaturthi ,Diwali and weddings. It is perfect dish to make when time is short but you still want a special dessert for someone. It is healthy and light sweat . Try this easy ladoo and make it for someone special.
prep time :10 min
cook time: 25 min
Serves – 15 ladoo
- Semolina (rava / suji) – 1 cup
- Sugar (cheeni) – 1 cup
- Raisin (kishmish) – 1 tbsp
- Cashew-nuts (kaju) – 1tbsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- In a deep pan on a medium flame and when hot add the ghee. When it melts, add the cashews and raisin and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and remove onto paper towels. Keep aside for later use.
- In a same pan roast the rava for 5 to 10 minutes in a medium flame.Roast the rava until you get a roasted aroma and it is turning lightly golden. It is important to roast the rava other wise paste become like glue , stirring continuously on very low heat. Do not get it burnt or the change the color.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a plate. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Heat water and sugar in the kadai/Pan over medium heat and stir continuously until sugar melts into syrup.
- Cook until it becomes sticky and lightly one string consistency. Do not cook it for long time.
- Slowly add semolina in syrup and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Turn off the heat , add the cashews and raisins, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape them into round balls(ladoo) with your palms.
- Rava ladoo is ready to be served or store them in an air-tight container.
- While roasting rava,keep the flame low otherwise there is a chance it may turns over roasted or burnt.
- You can keep the ladd00s at room temp for 2-3 days and in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Make sure, sugar syrup is not cooked for long time, otherwise mixture turns hard after adding roasted rava and you are not able to make laddoos. If it happens then add 2-3 tablespoons of warm milk little by little, mix well and prepare small round shaped laddoos from mixture.
- You can add coconut if you like its flavor.
- Make sure that rava is roasted properly. Improperly roasted rava will make sticky ladoos.