Kadai Paneer is one of the most compelling and fragranced dishes which is prepared in most Dhaba’s in India. Kadai Paneer is a very popular in all the north Indian states. Kadai Paneer is very well go with Butter Nan, paratha, puri, pulao & biriyani .
- Paneer (cottage cheese) – 100g (cut into cubes)
- Onions – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions – 2 (cut into diced)
- Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper)- 1 (cut into diced)
- Green chili – 4 (slit into half)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 5
- Whole Black Paper – 1/2 tbsp
- Clove – 1/2 tbsp
- Aniseed (Saunf) – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- First dry roast Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Aniseed, Cardamom, Black Paper and Clove until nice aroma releases or around 1 min on low flame.
- Now remove it to a plate and let it cool completely.
- Then grind into a fine powder.
- In the same pan heat oil.
- Add chopped onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Lastly blend with dry roast powder to smooth puree.
- In same pan heat 2tbsp oil. Then add ginger-garlic past saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Now fry diced onion, capsicum and green chilly (add some Curry patta ,it is optional).
- Then add blended tomato-onion puree and get to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Add required salt and water.Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Now add paneer and mix gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve kadai paneer with naan polau and biriyani .