Carissa carandas or karonda is a tangy and berry-like fruits. Karonda or Koromcha (in bangalee) is easily available in winter vegetable markets. Karonda is a sour and tangy in taste and usually used in Indian pickles , daals , jam , murabba etc. We mostly love to have Karonda chilly fry with dinner and lunch like a tangy pickle or chutney. It is very tasty and easy to cook recipe & will be ready in few minutes . You should try & preserve (In frig for one week ) it with paranthas, puri , pulao , samosha or biriyani etc.
See the Recipe below the Gallery ↓↓↓
- Karonda – 200 gram
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed or Panch phoron – 1/2 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- green chillies – 2 Optional
- salt to taste
- First Wash karonda and chilli well .
- Cut the karonda and chilli into two pieces
- Add the cumin seeds or you can use panch phoron* in hot oil.
- add curry leaves and fry little panch phoron and curry leaves
- Add karonda to the pan.
- Add green chillies
- Then add turmeric powder , salt .
- Cook/fry on low flame for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked well and tender
- Tasty karonda fry is ready.
- you can decorate it using Kadi patta or curry leaves or coriander leaves
- Serve with hot white rice or roti or paranthas .
- you can preserve it in air tight container for 2-3 weeks