Kheel Ka Ladoos (Sweet Puffed Rice)
Kheel ka ladoo are traditional sweets prepared on Makar Sankranti. This ladoo recipe is a simple recipe made with kheel and jaggery.Kheel ka ladoo is a traditional winter sweet. They are tasty and keep our bodies warm. This sweets are loved by everyone in winters.
Preparation Time – 5 to 10 min
Cooking Time – 25 to 30 min
Serving – 2
- Sweet Puffed rice(kheel) – 1 cup
- Jaggrey (gur) – 2 cup
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- First we will dry roast the sweet puffed rice to remove the moisture from it.
- Turn the stove on medium flame and add the sweet puffed rice to the pan. keep stirring.
- Roast it, til it turn into little brown (Note : Little color change)
- Now put the sweet puffed rice in a separate bowl.
- Place jaggery and water in a pan, and dissolve the jaggery over low heat.
- When jaggery dissolves.
- Now turn off the flame .
- Now add malted jaggery on sweet puffed rice.
- Keep stirring on the so that sweet puffed Rice & jaggery will mixed.
- Wait for 5 minutes for sweet puffed Rice & jaggery mixture to little cool.
- Apply water to your hands (Because mixture is hot and it may hurt and it will be easy to manage the hot mixture), pick up the sweet Puffed Rice & jaggery mixture, tightly press it to bring sweet Puffed Rice & jaggery together to make a ball shape.
- Sweet Puffed rice ladoos are now ready to served.
- Make sure you stir continuously while malting the jaggery and it should be on low flame. Otherwise jaggery will burn and colored to black
- Make sure the jaggery is of good quality and there is no dirt in it.
- Don’t roast Swee Puffed Rice much just little color change
- Hot Jaggery’s temperature is high (Melting Point is high), Be careful about it .