Kumro Saag (PUMPKIN LEAF)
Pumpkin plants is a very versatile and healthy vegetable . Most of the parts of pumpkin are eatable , the flowers, the leaf, the shell, the seeds (roasted), and the shoots. Here is one Traditional Bengali recipe which uses pumpkin leafs and shoots.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes Serves: 2
- Pumpkin leaves along with soft stems – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 2
- Dry red chilies: 2
- Salt to taste
- Garlic – 7 to 8
- First take the good pieces of leaves and stems
- Now the leaves have to be detached from the stem and chop the leaves finely.
- Then outer skin of the stem has to be peeled off carefully (like removing the outer skin of drumsticks) before cutting it into an inch and a half length.
- Now wash it 3-4 times and Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add dry red chili and fry it in the oil for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped green chilies into it.
- Add the chopped pumpkin stem and leaves. Saute well.
- Now cover and cook on low flame.
- When the water dries up completely, it has been cooked to perfectly.
- Ready for serving with hot rice or chapatti.