There are so many recipes which we are going to miss because of our busy schedule we are always trying easy and routine recipes . Let's try a delicious and an old recipe from Bengali's . Rui Macher Paturi is one of the best and tasty recipe from Bengalis .It can be prepare with many variant and with different fishes like rohu , hilisha , katla fish etc .
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Rohu or Kaatla Fish (Rui or kaatla Maach) – 1-2 per persons
- Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Ginger past - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions medium size chopped – 1
- Green chilly - 2
- Garlic chopped - 3 to 4
- Coriander Leaf – 3 tbsp chopped
- Banana leaf - 1 big
- Take about Rohu Fish (roi maach) cut into medium sized pieces ( 6 to 10 pieces), bone less if possible.
- Now marinate fish with salt, chopped onion, coriander powder, ginger past, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaf and mustard oil and mix well.
- Now add green chilly again mix well.
- Now cut the Banana Leaf into square.
- Take the Banana Leaf in a platter glossy side up, rub little mustard oil to it.
- Place a piece of marinated fish at the center.
- Place one green chilli on top of it.
- Fold the leaf from each side and make it a square parcel.
- Wrap it with the thread so that it doesn’t open while cooking.
- Wrap rest of the fish pieces and make a parcel for each of the.
- Heat a frying pan / tawa.
- Now place the wrapped fish pieces on the heated tawa or frying pan and roast for 20 minutes in low flame.
- When all the fish pieces are cooked, take it on a plate.
- The cooked fish and the gravy is taken out from the banana leaves and served with hot rice.