Medu Vada is one of the most famous South Indian breakfasts and street food. Medu Vada is a traditional South Indian snack which can be served with white chutney or coconut peanut chutney & traditional south Indian ginger chutney.
Pre time – 4 to 5 hrs
Cooking time – 30 min
- Urad Dal : 1 cup
- Ginger past – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 8 to 9 (chopped)
- Oil for deep fry
- Clean and wash urad dal and soak the urad dal for overnight.
- Now grind the soak urad dal to a smooth past adding little water.
- Then add the green chilly, curry leaves, ginger and salt mix well.
- Test the batter if it is mix well by dropping a small ball in a full of water the ball has to float meaning it is good.
- If the batter doesn’t float well, means either the batter is runny or is not mix well.
- Now heat oil pan/kadai.
- Moist your hand take a portion of the mixture in your hand
- Then make a hole in the center with your thumb and shape it in form of round wada..
- Transfer vada on your wet palm and slide wada carefully in oil.
- Deep fry the vadas till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with sambhar, coconut chutney tomato sauce and mayonish.