Moong dal pakora or bhajiya is common street food in India and this pakoda is very yummy too. Moong dal bhajiya are one of the tasty, delicious and nutritious even they are deep fried. It is served with fried green chillies and tomato sauce . Whenever it rains outside these pakora are prepared and served with a cup of tea or coffee. This pakoras are yummy and easy to make. [nggallery id=21] Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serves : 6
- Moong daal - 250 gm (soaked)
- Baking powder - 3 tbsp
- Green chilies - 10 – 15
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1 tbsp
- Coriander - 1 bunch (chopped)
- Onions - 2 – 4 (chopped)
- Oil for frying
- Soak the moong dal in enough water for 2 hour.
- Drain and blend in a mixer using minimum water along with salt and asafoetida to a smooth paste.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying and add around 3/4-1 tbsp amount of dal paste using hand or a spoon in hot oil, drop 5-6 pakoras and fry until golden brown in medium flame.
- Repeat same for remaining dal mixture.
- You can add Sesame seed/Till seeds too to make it crispy
- You can add little rice flour to make it crispy