SJNE PHULER BORA (Moringa Flowers Fritters) is simply, healthy and truly amazing. Sjne phuler bora is very easy Bengali dish made from drumstick blossoms. Drumstick flowers are rich in Vitamin C and B-Complex Vitamin. This is serves with dal and rice in lunch menu or you can serves as a snack food.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 15 Mins
Serves : 3-4
- Sjne phuler or Drumstick flower: 1 cup (fresh)
- Chickpea Flour (besan) : 1 cup
- Rice flour : 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves : 3 tbsp (fine chopped)
- Green chilly : 3 (fine chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for fry
- First, we remove soft stems from the drumstick flower and wash nicely. Drain water from it.
- Now take a bowl and add chickpea flour, rice flour, salt and water. Mix well in thick batter.
- Then add flower, green chilly, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now our batter is ready to fry.
- Heat some oil in a kadai , then drop the flower roundels one by one and fry them on medium low heat till nice, golden and crispy.
- Remove the pakoda as soon as they golden brown.
- Serve hot with dal and rice.