Onion pakoras is a popular Indian snacks. Onion pakora is easy to prepare and tastes to good. This can be prepared in very less time & makes a tasty combo with hot coffee. This pakoras are usually served with some fried green chilies, tomato sauce and a green chutney or imli ki chutney. This pakora are very crispy onion pakodas. It is also a popular tea time snack. Prep time – 2 5 mins Cook time –15 mins Serves – 2 Ingredients:
- Onion – 1 medium or 1 1/3 cups Sliced
- Green chilies – 2 small, finely chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Besan (Chickpea flour) – 5 tablespoons
Coriander Leaves - handful
- A pinch of baking soda
Oil for deep frying
- Take sliced onion in a bowl.
- Mix salt, besan, green chilly, coriander leaves and baking powder with the sliced onions and mix it with hands.
- Slowly add in the water, while mixing with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Then mix for a couple of seconds. The batter should be thick, almost like heavy cream and there should be air bubbles throughout.
- Once the oil is heated, carefully place in heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into the hot oil.
- When they turned golden brown and looks cooked remove them out of the oil, drain the excess oil and place it in a kitchen tissue.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
- Serve right away & enjoy with coffee or tea.
Carefully drop the mixture because the oil is super hot.