Onion Paratha – Pyaaz Ka Paratha
Onion Paratha is a best and quick breakfast for any time. There are different types of parathas in India. Parathas are healthy ,full meal and long lasting. Paratha can be eat with green chutney, pickle, fresh curd or sauce.
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chili chopped
- Coriander leaves fine chopped
- 2 cups Flour (Whole wheat : Whole wheat flour is used for preparing various kinds of flat breads including Rotis, Paranthas and poories. Whole wheat flour has a higher nutritional value compared to all purpose flour.)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil (Vegetable cooking oil. Various kinds of cooking oils are used in India. Peanut, Safflower, Sunflower and Mustard are some of them. Coconut and palm oil is used in Kerala region for cooking, while mustard oil is rejoiced in Bihar and West Bengal region.)
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp Hing or asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
How to make onion Paratha :-
- Mix flour, chopped coriander leaves, chopped chili , chopped onion ,salt , hing and cumin powder .
- Mix them and add little water , to make a thick dough.
- Take small balls and roll as for chapatis.
- Preheat a griddle (or tawa) over medium heat.
- And place one rolled out paratha. Pan-fry both sides using little vegetable oil on it.
- Fry both side paratha until cooked.
- Serve hot with your favorite green chutney, pickle, fresh curd or sauce.