Palak Puri – Spinach Puri
We are usually preparing puris in a festivals and spacial occasion . Palak puri is made by wheat flour with spinach and other Indian spices. Palak Puri is popular deep fried puri eaten mainly for breakfast dish or it may also easily go with our lunch. This deep fried puris which are green in color and can be traditionally enjoyed with thin aloo curry and pickle, Raita , Chole / Rajma. Today we prepare green Palak Puri.
Preparation time:15minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Servings: 2
- Wheat Flour – 2 1/2 cup
- Spinach (Palak) – 2 1/2 cup (washed)
- Oil – 2tbsp (to knead with flour)
- Green chilli – 3
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seed – 1/4 tbsp
- Aforesaid – 1 pinch
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaf – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mint leaf – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – to fry puri
- First put spinach, green chilli and ginger together in a grander and make a paste.
- Add the paste to flour followed by salt , cumin seeds, aforesaid, carom seeds, coriander leaf, mint leaf and 2 tbsp oil.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- With the help of water knead the dough, put little amount of water from time to time.
- Then leave it aside for 20 min allowing it to ferment.
- Prepare small equal sized balls (just like poris) with whole dough.
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadai and fry each of the puris on both sides till golden and crisp.
- Soft green palak puri is ready.
- Serve hot palak puri with raita, pickle or your favorite curry and enjoy its unique taste.