Poha Ke Ladoo (Flattened Rice Sweet Balls)
Flattened rice ladoo made with poha and melted jaggery. This is one of the special sweets which we prepare during festive seasons like Makar Sankranti,Holi etc. Kids love it and it looks very simple and easy to make. Flattened rice Laddu is a quick and easy laddu recipe that you can make within few minutes.This is called chirer laddu also in Bengali .
Preparation Time – 5 to 10 min
Cooking Time – 25 to 30 min
Serving – 4
- Flattened rice(poha) – 500 gram
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Jaggrey (gur) – 250 gram
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- First we will fry the Flattened rice with ghee to remove the moisture from it.
- Turn the stove on medium flame and add the ghee to the pan .
- When ghee melted then add Flattened rice to the pan.
- Fry it, til it turn into little golden brown
- Now put the fried Flattened rice in a separate bowl.
- Place jaggery and water in a pan, and dissolve the jaggery over low heat.
- When jaggery dissolves.
- Now add Flattened rice in malted jaggery .
- Keep stirring on the so that Flattened rice & jaggery will mixed.
- Now turn off the flame .
- Wait for 5 minutes for Flattened rice & jaggery mixture to little cool.
- Apply water to your hands (Because mixture is hot and it may hurt and it will be easy to manage the hot mixture), pick up the Flattened rice & jaggery mixture, tightly press it to bring Flattened rice & jaggery together to make a ball shape.
- Flattened rice ladoos are now ready to served.
- Make sure you stir continuously while malting the jaggery and it should be on low flame. Otherwise jaggery will burn and colored to black
- Make sure the jaggery is of good quality and there is no dirt in it.
- Don’t roast Flattened rice much just little color change
- Hot Jaggery’s temperature is high (Melting Point is high), Be careful about it .