Pumpkin Leaves Chutney ( Kumro Pata bata )
Most of the green leaves from any plant are good source of iron but we should know which plant’s leaves are eatable without any harm to our body. Pumpkin leaves are having great nutrition , iron, protein, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C etc and very low amount of calorie , and we can eat Pumpkin Leaf .
- Vitamin A : For Good vision and skin
- Vitamin C : To heal wounds and formed the scar tissues, for healthy bones, skin, and teeth. (As i know , Our body can not produce Vitamin C so we should regularly take this in our daily diet )
- Calcium : Everyone knows calcium is very impotent for our bones and teeth and It become very very important to consume enough calcium if you are female .
- Iron : Iron helps our body to store and use oxygen, and helps to carry oxygen from our lungs to other parts of our body as part of hemoglobin.This also become very very important if you are a female .
Today i am coming up with our next “kitchen garden recipe “ as we have previously introduce some of them . Most of the part of the pumpkin plant are eatable and good source of nutrition . Pumpkin leaves chutney is also called Kumro Pata bata in Bengali basically it is a Bengali recipe from Bengali Cuisine .
- Pumpkin leaves – 10 to 12
- Garlic – 7 to 10
- Green chilly – 2 to 4(according your teats )
- Salt to teasts
- Wash the pumpkin leaves thoroughly in cold water, preferably under a running tap.
- Now chop the leaves into small pieces.
- Heat a pan in high flame, now add the pumpkin leaves and green chilly .
- Cover and allow to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- After about 15 to 20 minutes your pumpkin leaves & green chillies mix will be reduced in pan to about half and the leaves texture will be soft .
- Now in grinder put all ingredients and grind it.
- Pumpkin Leaves Chutney is ready to eat.
- Server with hot plain rice
- Use fresh leaves so it will give perfect color and smell
Please check the all steps in photo Gallery > Click Here .