Bread Roll with Stuffed potatos
Bread roll is a kind of round or oval shaped bread. This dish is popular in almost all parts of the world and in various types of patterns . Bread roll makes a tasty snack. Soaked bread slices are stuffed with spicy potato filling and then deep fried in oil. Bread potato rolls are crunchy from the outside, and soft and spicy from inside. It’s a perfect and tasty snacks for serving with tea. Bread rolls served with green coriander chutney,Tomato sauce and sweet imli chutney.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20-30 minutes Serves : 10 Bread rolls
- Bread slices (white or brown) – 10
- Water – 2 cup
- oil for deep fry
For The Stuffing:
- Boiled potatoes – 4 medium sized
- Green peas – 1/4 cup( boiled) ** Optional
- Green chillies (chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Grated gingers- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tbsp
- Oli – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Amchoor ( raw dry mango powder) or chaat masala- 1/2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves to garnish
To make the stuffing :
- Boil the potatoes, peel and place in a bowl.Mash the boiled potatoes and keep aside
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds . When the mustard seed starts to crack.
- Add ginger along with green chillies and saute continue on low flame.
- Add mashed potatoes, green peas, salt, turmeric and chaat masala powder.
- Mix well and leave for 2 minutes, until spices are well blended with potatoes.
- Garnish with good amount of chopped coriander leaves and keep the mixture aside.
To make Bread Rolls :
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and cut them into two pieces. Set aside.
- Soak in water just for a few seconds.
- Squeeze the water from the bread by pressing between palms gently.
- Be careful not to be break the bread slice while pressing.
- Keep the potato mix in the center and fold the bread over it from all the sides.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan.
- And deep fry bread rolls, till turn crispy and light browned.
- Serve hot with green coriander chutney,Tomato sauce and sweet imli chutney.
Tips & Notes :
- Very carefully while soaking the bread slices in water and do not dip them fully otherwise slices will break and it will difficult to fill the stuffing in it.
- Do not fry on low flame as the bread tends to absorb more oil.