Sweet, Spicy & tangy Raw Mango Chutney
Indian food is not complete without chutney . We cook & serve different type chutneys like tangy, sweet, spicy and even bitter chutney . Here i am presenting Bengali style mango chutney which can be serve as side-dish to our meal and it can go like dip for any snacks items .
Prep time – 10 mins Cooking time – 20 mins
- Raw mangoes – 1 large, washed, wiped clean, peeled and sliced
- Sugar/Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Black mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated or fine chopped)
- Panch phoran – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilly – 1 small
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Fry the black mustard seeds to the oil. fry them till the seeds start to crackle.
- When they start crackling add the chopped mangoes and fry for 1 to 2 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt and grated ginger and saute the mangoes.
- Add sugar/jaggery and mix well.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water ,cover the pan and simmer till mango cooked and soften .
- In meantime roast dry red chilly and panch phoran on the tawa till you get a nice aroma and roughly grind it .
- When the chutney is cool sprinkle this powder on top.
- Serve as a side dish on lunch, dinner & with breakfast snacks .