Naan is one of the extremely delicious dish of Indian breads. Naans are usually made in tandoor but we are cooking naans in tawa and they are very delicious & tasty as tandoori Naans. It easily goes with any veg or non-veg curries with gravy.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Fermenting time – 2 to 3 hours
Cooking time – 20 minutes
- Refined/white/all purpose flour (maida ) – 2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Curd – 3-4 tbsp
- Butter – 5 Tbsp
- Take maida in a big bowl and add curd, sugar, salt, oil and baking soda.
- Well mix ingredient together and use warm water and make a soft dough.
- Now grease your hands with some oil and knead until smooth and soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside in a warm place for 2 hours allowing it to ferment.
- After 2 – 3 hours take a little flour in your hand and knead the dough again.
- Now break it into balls.
- Roll one dough ball at a time, dust with flour and remove the extra flour.
- Likewise prepare all dough balls.
- Cover the dough balls with wet cloth so that they don’t dry up.
- Heat the tawa.
- Now roll balls in an ovel shape or round shape according to your preference. It should be thick like paratha.
- Put water one side of naan and put water side on tawa , once the naan start bubbling and dough start drying, turn the tawa over flames keeping about 2 inch away from the flames to cook the naan from top.
- because of water one side of it , Naan will stick to tawa and will not fall of, this the reason you cannot use the nonstick skillet.
- Keep it until the brownish spots appear.
- Take them out and apply butter.
- Serve hot naan and butter on it with any thick gravy, chutney, pickle or curd and enjoy.