Til ke ladoo (Sesame Seeds Sweet Balls)
Sesame seeds ladoos are traditional sweets prepared on Makar Sankranti. These til ke ladoo recipe is a simple recipe made with til and jaggery. Sesame seeds ladoos are traditional winter sweet. They are tasty and keep our bodies warm. Till ladoo sweets are loved by everyone in winters.
Preparation Time – 5 to 10 min
Cooking Time – 25 to 30 min
Serving – 2
- White Sesame seeds (till) – 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur) – 1 1/2 cups
- Water- 1 tbsp
- First clean sesame seeds.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a pan on medium flame until to brown (Sesame are roasted very quickly).
- Keep aside to cool.
- Heat the kadhai or pan and take jaggery and some water in a pan and bring to a boil. Make the syrup a little thick.
- Now turn off the flame .
- Now add malted jaggery on sesame seeds.
- Keep stirring on the so that sesame seeds & jaggery will mixed.
- Wait for 5 minutes for sesame seeds mixture to cool.
- Apply water to your hands, pick up then sesame seeds mixture, tightly press it to bring sesame seeds together to make a ball shape.
- sesame seeds ladoos are now ready to served.
- Ensure that the mixture is still warm when make laddoos.
- You can check the consistency of jaggery by putting a small drop in chilled water. If it immediately forms a ball, the consistency is right.